Here is another favorite of mine that is also 21 Day Fix Approved. (Serving size listed at bottom) Here in FL we are experiencing our week of Winter 😀 So this recipe is easy and quick, and sure to warm … Continue reading
OK so it is super cold here in FL. Well, its 60 degrees, but that’s freezing as far as i’m concerned!
What’s super yummy on a cold day? SOUP!
Recently I saw one of those ridiculously delicious viral Facebook videos, where you see the entire recipe unfold before you. Then you see the finished product, and most of the time say to yourself “I need that NOW.”
Well that happened with a stupid, creamy potato soup. So how can you make something so delicious, but not screw up your 21 DF meal plan?! Try this….
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk because we always have it on-hand)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, baked with skin on, loosely chopped
- 2 blue containers of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced and sautéed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons organic butter
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add milk, diced potatoes, cheese, onion, garlic powder, butter, sea salt and pepper to blender or high powered mixer. ( I use my Kitchen Aid) Secure lid if necessary.
- Mix until desired texture (I like to leave potato chunks
- Garnish, top with crumbled turkey bacon, green onions or cheddar cheese, and serving piping hot!
- Add some chili powder to boost the flavor level.
Here in one handy dandy post are all of my healthy recipes so far. Enjoy!
1 1/2 lbs Beef Stew Meat
Salt and Pepper
1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 lb Baby Carrots
1 Medium Onion (chopped)
2 lbs Red Potatoes (chopped into small cubes)
1 cup celery chopped, optional
1 Tbl Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
2 Cups Beef Broth
1 Tbl Dijon Mustard (NOT Honey Dijon, just the plain one 🙂 )
1 Tbl Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbl Honey
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
1. Put the flour and a good amount of salt and pepper into the flour and mix together. Put
the beef in a large bowl and sprinkle the seasoned flour on top and coat the meat. Set
2. Chop the onion. Wash the potatoes and chop into small cubes. Place carrots, chopped
onion, cubed potatoes into the crockpot
3. In a large pan, heat the Olive Oil, add the minced garlic and and saute until almost brown
and fragrant. Add the floured beef into the pan and brown the beef on all sides. Add the
beef to the crockpot
4. In the same large pan, add the beef broth, mustard, low sodium soy sauce,
worcestershire, honey, rosemary and thyme. Whisk together well over medium heat, and
pour over the meat and vegetables once all ingredients are incorporated. Mix the meat,
vegetables and sauce in the crockpot, put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours, or low
for 8 hours
- 1 whole wheat pita, cut in half to make pockets
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 oz)
- Fill pita halves evenly with chicken, tomato, cucumber, onion (if desired), oregano, lemon juice, romaine, and cheese.
1 Green, 1 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue
Being that I’m just about in the second trimester of my pregnancy, my cravings are in full swing. But I of course need to keep what i’m eating, and feeding the baby, in check! Here is one of my super quick, go to desserts when I need something sweet, that won’t hurt my whole weekly progress! My mom used to make her version of no bake cookies all the time growing up, so this recipe is definitely a win for me!
1 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup oatmeal
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir.
- Once melted remove from heat and add vanilla, cocoa powder, and oatmeal.
- Stir and drop by spoonfuls on parchment paper.
- Place in fridge to harden.
- Enjoy! Place extra cookies back in the fridge for later.
I usually can make between 24-30 cookies with this recipe, depending on the size.
21 day fix container: 1 yellow treat swap
Yummy 21 Day Fix Approved Chicken Enchiladas INGREDIENTS: *3 shredded chicken breasts. *8 oz fat free Greek Yogurt *10- 6″ corn tortillas *1 package Frontera Enchilada Sauce. (you can make home made but I used a new product I found … Continue reading
**I cook for a large family, so you may need to take it down a notch 😀
- 1/2 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs ( I used Ezekiel Bread)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- heaping 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cold milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Cups sliced zucchini
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese (if using) and black pepper.
- In separate bowl add flour, milk and vinegar. Stir until combined
- Dip zucchini slices in flour mixture and then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated zucchini slices on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the slices over once halfway through cooking, or until browned and crisp.
I NEED variety. I cannot eat the same thing all the time. But with the 21 Day Fix it’s super easy to switch things up. I also LOVE breakfast. So to keep breakfast interesting, I’ve tried these recipes, and all are amazing! Check them out…
1. Whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter. (You could also use sun butter, or almond butter-both equally amazing)
I also like to add some fruit like bananas or strawberries, or both!
2. Steel cut oats w/ fruit
3. Eggs (or egg whites) and turkey bacon
You could add some extra veggies to your eggs as well. I like to add some peppers!
4. Whole wheat waffle w/ fruit
And of course, Shake-o! Probably the best thing you could ave for breakfast.
It’s easy to add different things to your shake-o or just drink it with water! I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond milk.