OK so it is super cold here in FL. Well, its 60 degrees, but that’s freezing as far as i’m concerned!
What’s super yummy on a cold day? SOUP!
Recently I saw one of those ridiculously delicious viral Facebook videos, where you see the entire recipe unfold before you. Then you see the finished product, and most of the time say to yourself “I need that NOW.”
Well that happened with a stupid, creamy potato soup. So how can you make something so delicious, but not screw up your 21 DF meal plan?! Try this….
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk because we always have it on-hand)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, baked with skin on, loosely chopped
- 2 blue containers of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced and sautéed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons organic butter
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add milk, diced potatoes, cheese, onion, garlic powder, butter, sea salt and pepper to blender or high powered mixer. ( I use my Kitchen Aid) Secure lid if necessary.
- Mix until desired texture (I like to leave potato chunks
- Garnish, top with crumbled turkey bacon, green onions or cheddar cheese, and serving piping hot!
- Add some chili powder to boost the flavor level.