Here is another favorite of mine that is also 21 Day Fix Approved. (Serving size listed at bottom) Here in FL we are experiencing our week of Winter 😀 So this recipe is easy and quick, and sure to warm … Continue reading
OK so it is super cold here in FL. Well, its 60 degrees, but that’s freezing as far as i’m concerned!
What’s super yummy on a cold day? SOUP!
Recently I saw one of those ridiculously delicious viral Facebook videos, where you see the entire recipe unfold before you. Then you see the finished product, and most of the time say to yourself “I need that NOW.”
Well that happened with a stupid, creamy potato soup. So how can you make something so delicious, but not screw up your 21 DF meal plan?! Try this….
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk because we always have it on-hand)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, baked with skin on, loosely chopped
- 2 blue containers of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced and sautéed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons organic butter
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add milk, diced potatoes, cheese, onion, garlic powder, butter, sea salt and pepper to blender or high powered mixer. ( I use my Kitchen Aid) Secure lid if necessary.
- Mix until desired texture (I like to leave potato chunks
- Garnish, top with crumbled turkey bacon, green onions or cheddar cheese, and serving piping hot!
- Add some chili powder to boost the flavor level.
Right now I am giving away these tumblers to the lucky few who are first to sign up for my challenge. Want to know more?? Read about it HERE
Here in one handy dandy post are all of my healthy recipes so far. Enjoy!
1 1/2 lbs Beef Stew Meat
Salt and Pepper
1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 lb Baby Carrots
1 Medium Onion (chopped)
2 lbs Red Potatoes (chopped into small cubes)
1 cup celery chopped, optional
1 Tbl Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
2 Cups Beef Broth
1 Tbl Dijon Mustard (NOT Honey Dijon, just the plain one 🙂 )
1 Tbl Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbl Honey
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
1. Put the flour and a good amount of salt and pepper into the flour and mix together. Put
the beef in a large bowl and sprinkle the seasoned flour on top and coat the meat. Set
2. Chop the onion. Wash the potatoes and chop into small cubes. Place carrots, chopped
onion, cubed potatoes into the crockpot
3. In a large pan, heat the Olive Oil, add the minced garlic and and saute until almost brown
and fragrant. Add the floured beef into the pan and brown the beef on all sides. Add the
beef to the crockpot
4. In the same large pan, add the beef broth, mustard, low sodium soy sauce,
worcestershire, honey, rosemary and thyme. Whisk together well over medium heat, and
pour over the meat and vegetables once all ingredients are incorporated. Mix the meat,
vegetables and sauce in the crockpot, put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours, or low
for 8 hours
- 1 whole wheat pita, cut in half to make pockets
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 oz)
- Fill pita halves evenly with chicken, tomato, cucumber, onion (if desired), oregano, lemon juice, romaine, and cheese.
1 Green, 1 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue
Being that I’m just about in the second trimester of my pregnancy, my cravings are in full swing. But I of course need to keep what i’m eating, and feeding the baby, in check! Here is one of my super quick, go to desserts when I need something sweet, that won’t hurt my whole weekly progress! My mom used to make her version of no bake cookies all the time growing up, so this recipe is definitely a win for me!
1 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup oatmeal
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir.
- Once melted remove from heat and add vanilla, cocoa powder, and oatmeal.
- Stir and drop by spoonfuls on parchment paper.
- Place in fridge to harden.
- Enjoy! Place extra cookies back in the fridge for later.
I usually can make between 24-30 cookies with this recipe, depending on the size.
21 day fix container: 1 yellow treat swap
Every new year we set our New Year’s Resolutions…What’s yours this year? Have you thought about it? Well, I’ve been thinking a lot about it over the last few weeks. What do I want to accomplish this new year, how do I want to improve myself, what are my goals for health, fitness, my Beachbody business, etc. With a new baby on the way, staying fit is a high priority.
What is YOUR RESOLUTION? Is it time for a CHANGE? Are you tired of the way you are feeling and know you need to take some steps for better health this year?
NOW is your time!! It’s a NEW YEAR and time for a NEW YOU!!
On January 11th, 2016 I’ll be starting a New Year, New You fitness challenge. Take the steps NOW to be where you want to be in 60 days!!
This is for ANYONE at ANY fitness level, beginner to expert! What you’ll need to do, is choose a Beachbody fitness program (some options include: P90X, P90X3, T25, Piyo Insanity, 21 Day Fix…to name a few). I can help you determine what would be a good fit for you depending on your fitness level and your goals.
Then, I am going to teach you how to plan the other meals of the day. I will help you create a customized meal plan, give you recipes, snack ideas, tips, motivation and keep you accountable. Every day I post in the challenge group your daily mind set tip or post. You check in and rate your date and read what is posted. We all keep each other accountable!
Find out more about the beach body challenge here.
So you’ve recently started the 21 Day Fix, and you’re rocking it! But…OH NO! The weekend is upon us! You think of all the parties, and get togethers, or date nights you may encounter. So how do you make it through without totally sabotaging you’re progress so far??
Here are my pre-planning tips to get you through the weekend!
If you are going out to a restaurant check out the menu ahead of time. Decide on what you are going eat before you even get there. That way when you sit down at the restaurant you won’t have to fight against temptation and you won’t even have to open the menu! And by the way, just SKIP the bread, it has no nutritional value!
Also, keep in mind restaurant portions are NOT REAL PORTIONS. I like to ask for a box right away, and stick half of my meal in the box from the get go, so there’s no over eating!
For parties, pre-eat! So have a shake on your way to the party. Offer to bring a clean appetizer or snack. Then make every social gathering about socializing with others and not about the food. Stay away from the food table. I help set up, get the kids food, and then help clean up so I am never forced to have to just sit and stare at everyone else shoving food down their throats.
Drink lots of water!!! Just remember that you are not depriving yourself of life, you are giving yourself life! When everyone is feeling full, sluggish and miserable you are going to be looking fabulous, feeling confident and have more energy!!
And of course, stick with those workouts! Most programs give you 1 rest day a week, not two or three! I even like to double up on workouts sometimes for the weekend, or add in a run!
So stick with the program, and have fun! This program is helping define a NEW YOU! So don’t let the weekend destroy that!
Have a great weekend, ya’ll!
-Plan it out! If you are traveling, going to sporting events or just out all day pack a cooler of clean snacks. Even throw in an extra snack so that you are not caught in a situation where you are out longer than expected and have nothing to eat. It’s easy to throw in a packet of shakeology, shaker cup and a bottle of water! I always keep one in the car!
Now, get your workout in and kick some butt!!!